Notice: Undefined index: length in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 69
Notice: Undefined index: prev_text in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 80
Notice: Undefined index: next_text in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 86
Notice: Undefined index: cat in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 94
Notice: Undefined index: tag_slug in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 95
Notice: Undefined index: order_by in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 96
Notice: Undefined index: post_id in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 97
Notice: Undefined index: author in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 98
Notice: Undefined index: hide_post_title in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 118
Notice: Undefined index: hide_read_more in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 119
Notice: Undefined index: create_para_tags in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined index: order in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 121
Notice: Undefined index: force_excerpt_image in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined index: force_image_height in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 123
Notice: Undefined index: force_image_width in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/posts-for-page/posts-for-page.php on line 124
PLEASE NOTE: Donation Envelopes and other correspondences may be dropped of in the “Key Drop Box” located between the parish office doors.
I sadly submit to the current mandate.
The Church will need to remain locked until further notice.
I can no longer offer Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
All Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals are to be postponed until further notice.
All Rosaries and Prayer groups are not allowed to gather at San Antonio de Padua Church until further notice.
All Parish building are to remain off limits to meetings, groups, or all Non- Essential Parish Staff.
Please email me with any concerns or questions.
Please see modified memo from the Diocese, sent around noon Friday March 20.2020.
Fr. John Neneman
In light of the GOVERNOR’S ORDER FOR ALL CALIF. RESIDENTS TO REMAIN AT HOME, EXCEPT ESSENTIAL SERVICES INDIVIDUALS, we want to provide further clarifications and reminders about public and private gatherings.
What does this mean for our Parishes, Schools, Pastoral Center and Cathedral Campus?
- AS PUBLIC PLACES, OUR CHURCHES, SCHOOLS AND CAMPUS WILL NEED TO CLOSE TO PUBLIC ENTRY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE PER THE GOVERNOR’S ORDER. THIS WILL ALSO INCLUDE CONDUCTING BAPTISMS (unless in an emergency), WEDDINGS, RECEPTIONS, EVENTS, GROUPS, SOCIETIES, DEVOTIONS, CHOIRS, FUNERAL VIGILS, ROSARIES, AND ANYTHING THAT CAUSES PEOPLE TO GATHER IN ONE PLACE. THE ANOINTING OF THE SICK WITH PROPER PRECAUTIONS IS TO BE CONTINUED.
- ALL NON-ESSENTIAL Parish Staff, School Staff, Pastoral Center Staff, and Campus Staff will need to work from home effective as of midnight on 03-19-20, per the Order, until further notice.
- Food Distribution Ministries (with all CDC safeguards) may continue at the discretion of the pastor. No one over 65 and/or with an underlying health condition should participate as volunteers – also it is recommended that a drive-through be created to limit contact.
- Funerals should be postponed if at all possible and if conducted there should be no more than 10 people in attendance and with health precautions as already noted by the CDC and Health Officials and only with immediate family members. Cemeteries and cemeteries workers are considered essential and will be reporting to work.
- Daily Confessions are suspended at this time. Further clarification will be provided to you as soon as possible regarding both Confessions and Holy Week Services.
- Anointing of the Sick should continue, again, respecting the suggestions of civil authority and the regulations imposed by hospitals or convalescent homes. We point you to canon 1000 §2, which while acknowledging that normally a priest would use his hand to anoint, permits “the use of an instrument” if a grave reason exists. In this regard, a priest may use a Q-Tip or cotton swab, placing it on the oil stock only once. Once used, these would be placed in a Ziploc type bag, sealed, and disposed of properly (burned or buried). A priest using his hand likewise should put his thumb or finger into the oil stock only one time per person he anoints, properly sanitizing his hand afterwards.
Be assured that together in prayer, inspired by the Holy Spirit, we can overcome any obstacles and by providing spiritual support and hope to our Parish and School communities. Thank you for your stewardship, support, diligence and prayers as we journey together. Please pray for all those effected by these trying times.
These are times which are calling us to live our Faith with great courage and love. Yesterday we celebrated the Solemnity of St. Joseph, and we heard in St. Matthew’s Gospel where the Angel said “Do Not Be afraid.” We also know that Joseph, although without speaking did the right thing in very challenging circumstances in his life and salvation history. Let us ask St. Joseph, as the earthly father of Jesus, and the patron of the Universal Church to intercede for us and to guide us. Thanks to all of you for your care and faithful witness to the Lord in challenging times. Most of us never expected these times, but here we are now, in God’s providence, to not only witness and live the Gospel but to pray and to support one another as well.